Can't you just copy that character into a buffer and paste it into the
search and replace command you add to your CGI?
1. WWW AOL browser CGI problem
It seems that the AOL WWW browser passes a strange character to my CGI
scripts. The character appears before an '&' and it is an outlined
square. Does anyone know where this comes from or how to remove it
from within a script on a Sun machine?
This problem is causing a bit of trouble for our AOL users and needs to
get fixed immediately.
I do not know how to generate the character I am speaking of on a Sun.
| | \ | | Software Engineer, New York University (718) 972-2474
14 Washington Place, New York, New York ACF Lab (212) 998-3457
3. Apache problem with cgi and Netscape browser
4. DHCP problem
7. /cgi-bin/phf /cgi-bin/test-cgi /cgi-bin/handler
9. Mime Types/AOL/cgi weirdness!?
11. www browser under linux (sparc)
13. WWW browser for powerpc linux.