Announcing Wormhole: an HTTP proxy written in Java...

Announcing Wormhole: an HTTP proxy written in Java...

Post by M » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
  I've just finished the first release of my HTTP proxy written in
Java.  Compared to other, commercial, servers it is rather primitive.
No disk caching _yet_.  Since I have only used this on Linux and NT
3.51, I would really like to know how it works in other OSs.
  I'm also interested if anyone out there is interested in this
product for use in their business or organization, once I add disk
caching.
  If you are interested please visit my web site at
http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~mhixson and click on the "software" icon.
  Thanks,

--------------------------------
http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~mhixson

1. ANNOUNCE: Muffin 0.2 - Java HTTP proxy filter

Muffin is an HTTP proxy filter that sits between your web browser and
your HTTP proxy server.  All HTTP transactions are passed through
Muffin which uses filter modules written in Java to process and
possibly modify each transaction.  Several example filters are included
with Muffin, but users are encouraged to write their own.  Muffin is
not an applet, it is a stand-alone Java application.

I'm currently using Muffin to remove HTTP cookies, modify User-Agent
to test the way certain pages will look with different browsers, and
to view all HTTP headers that are sent and received.

The Java source code, screen shots, and more documentation are
available here:

    http://www.sdsu.edu/~boyns/java/muffin/

Thanks.

2. porting socket program from UNIX to Win95

3. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

4. Gnome Wallpaper

5. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

6. What's the best newsreader for binary downloads?

7. Announce: Anonymous Http Proxy (preliminary release)

8. dma network sound mouse hd hardware

9. Fwd: Java HTTP proxy vulnerability

11. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

12. https to https proxy search

13. HTTPS->HTTP Proxy