Hosting bulletin board on a web site

Post by Ji Z » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Newly released Netscape News Server allows you to host your
own bulletin board (discussion group) on your web server.
I wonder if a similar product exists for the NCSA server.
If so, where to get it and how much will it cost?  Thank
you in advance.

Ji

1. ISO UNIX Bulletin Board Application Does anyone know of any UNIX bulletin board(group thinking)

type software?  My group would like to be able to use our local network to
brainstorm and discuss various issues, much the way standard news works.  In
addition, we would like to be able to limit access to either the whole system,
or optimally to individual discussions.  It would be nice to be able to choose
from a list of topics, read the existing discussion archives, then post your
own 2 cents.  This functionality is common to PC/MAC bulletin boards, but
I can't remember seeing a UNIX implementation.

        I have been told that I could run a local version of NNTP and have
everyone point their news readers to it.  I am not sure how to limit access
if we do this, and it seems awkward to have to repoint your news reader.  We
may windo up doing this, but there HAS to be a better way.

John Tisaranni                          Tel:            (703)883-7418

Workstation System Engineering Center
7525 Colshire Drive, M.S. Z267, McLean, VA 22102

2. "du -s" in C program

3. HOSTING WEB SITES.THE BEST ADMINISTERING VIA THE WEB

4. NFS share problems

5. Fwd: Intel Secrets Web Site forced to quit some web site activity...

6. Partitions not found in /dev

7. Adding message board to a web site?

8. adding disks to 3.2v4.2

9. How do I host my Apache web site if my isp blocks port 80?

10. Hosting Foreign Web Sites ?

11. Hosting a web-site under Solaris 8

12. Affordable Web Site Hosting & Marketing !!!!!!

13. can a router/firewall host a web site?