Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?

Post by Juergen Alberts » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Recently I installed the Java Servlet Development Kit and noticed that

it contained a module to run servlets with the Apache web server.
Unfortunately, it only conforms to the 1.1 API and doesn't compile
under the 1.2 version.

As far as I remember, some days ago someone mentioned  that a patch
for this module existed to make it run under Apache 1.2. Does anybody
know where to get it from? I looked at dejanews but couldn't find the
posting anymore :-(

Regards,

Jrgen

---
Jrgen Albertsen

Face the facts -- forget euphoria!

Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?

Post by Paul Phillip » Sat, 21 Jun 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and emailed.]

>As far as I remember, some days ago someone mentioned  that a patch
>for this module existed to make it run under Apache 1.2. Does anybody
>know where to get it from? I looked at dejanews but couldn't find the
>posting anymore :-(

Yah, I am the culprit.  I don't think I ever posted it to Usenet
but it seems to have made the rounds.  The fine folks at Apache Week
have placed it upon the web for your indefinite enjoyment, so I'll
just point you there.

Go crazy.

--
Paul Phillips      | Practice acting random and sense a kind of beauty.
Crying Jester      |

+1 206 447 1595    |------* http://www.go2net.com/internet/sequitur/ *------

1. upgrade from apache 1.1.3 to apache 1.2 fails

I have been trying to get my apache 1.2 upgrade to work.  We have 371
virtual domains and they all work fine with apache 1.1.3.  But apache
1.2 has problems:

A browser will get "document contains no data" errors and I see SIGSEV
errors in the syslog.

I'm running BSDI 3.0 using gcc 2.7.2.1.  I am pretty convinced that we
are not running out of file descriptors.  Some more data, this
definition is what breaks the server:

<VirtualHost www.performanceds.com>
ServerName www.performanceds.com

DocumentRoot /cruzio/web/pages/cruzio/nopage
TransferLog logs/domains/xfer/www.performanceds.com
ErrorLog logs/domains/error/www.performanceds.com
</VirtualHost>

If I comment out either TransferLog or ErrorLog above, then the server
appears to work.  But both lines enabled and it breaks.  The per process
file descriptor limit is quite high.

--
-----------------
Jay Nitikman

-----------------

2. LILO passing arguments

3. -> Looking for mod_servlet.c for Apache 1.2.4 on Linux...

4. can't mount floppy drive

5. Apache: mod_servlet.c doesn't compile

6. Help: Chroot

7. AMD PCnet32 driver does not compile on 2.4.x

8. How to handle file uploads in forms with apache 1.2?

9. Apache 1.2 and frontpage

10. Apache 1.2: ErrorLogging multiple virtual hosts to ONE file

11. msql mod and apache 1.2..

12. Apache 1.2: Is conditional logging possible?