Exhange 2000 OWA behind Apache server

Post by Nicolas Mazurie » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:27:56

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup the following configuration:

Internet ---> Nat/Iptables FW --> Apache (virtual server) --> Exchange OWA

The Nat+Iptables FW works correctly, whenever i access http://www.veryComputer.com/ i
get the Apache server, both HTTP or SSL
On the lan, Exchange server  OWA works right,

I'm trying to set a virtal server http://www.veryComputer.com/ which is redirected to
Owa Server which is name on local lan exhange.home

I've set up a virtual server in apache as :
<VirtualHost *>
ProxyRequests On
ServerName owa.foo.com
ProxyPass / http://www.veryComputer.com/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.veryComputer.com/
ProxyPassReverse / https://exchange.home/exchange/
</VirtualHost>

Event tried to add :
Rewri*gine On
RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
RewriteRule http://exchange\.home/(.*) http://www.veryComputer.com/$1
RewriteRule https://exchange\.home/(.*) https://owa.foo.com/$1

And here are the symptoms :
When i connect from the internet to http://www.veryComputer.com/ i have to
authenticate to exchange server through a popup box, which is correct. But
then i've got the two frames appearing, but IE is looking for
http://www.veryComputer.com/!

Could anyone help with this case? - A mail copy of the answers would be
appreciated!

Thanks by advance
N.M
France

1. Proxying OWA (Exchange 2000) with Apache 2.0

Hello,

I really need your help here. This is the scenario:
I have a brand new exchange 2000 server with installed OWA behind a
firewall in the trusted internal network.
In the DMZ I have linux Red Hat 7.2 + Apache 2.0.40 running as a web
server and as proxy server.
To communicate with OWA on the other side of the FW, I use the port
8181 that is mapped to 10.0.0.3 port 80 in the internal side.

Now...
I used to be able to proxy OWA 5.5 using just

ProxyPass / http://192.168.0.1:8181/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.0.1:8181/

but now this seems not working with OWA 2000. When I use apache to
access OWA after the successfull authenthication I receive a page with
two frames, but the frames are empty. this is anyway part of the page
I got back:

<!--Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights
reserved.-->
<!--CURRENT FILE== "IE5" "WIN32" frameset -->
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; CHARSET=utf-8">
<HTML>
        <TITLE>Microsoft Outlook Web Access</TITLE>
        <HEAD>
                <BASE href="http://192.168.0.1/exchange/User/">

        </HEAD>
... etc. So Why is the port missing?

I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks in Advance.

2. Crypto filesystem?

3. Windows 2000 Vpn server behind Linux firewall

4. FreeBsd: Better then Linux?

5. Apache server behind Apache proxy / CGI environment question

6. rcs Frontend

7. Year 2000 status of the Apache Web Server

8. Addonics C143 Monitor

9. Publishing FP 2000 to Unix Server (Apache)

10. OpenBSD 2.7, Apache and FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions???

11. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache

12. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

13. Small Linux/NT Network Sendmail Exhange Server Problem