Linking against static libraries

1. linking static library against another library

Hi,

I'm trying to link a static library against another static library, but I
get lot of 'undefined reference' errors.

here's what I have

/Common
        some cpp files resulting to libCommon.a

/Simulation
        some cpp files, which use classes from /Common, resulting to
        libSimulation.a
/
        main.cpp, using libSimulation.a

I want compile all the /Common stuff into a single static library,
libCommon.a. This will then get used by libraries for specific
applications, e.g. Simulation. I want the /Simulation stuff also to be
compiled into a library, which uses the libCommon.a

Both libraries compile and link, but when I try to link the main executable
it complains about undefined references in libSimulation.a

Some help please?

Morfeas

--
www.freecfm.com/m/morfeas

2. Switching from NIS+ to NIS ?

3. Linking against SCO static Library ?

4. How do multiple daemons on same port work?

5. Problems linking static library on executable and static library

6. Linux as a network server

7. dynamic link libraries and static libraries

8. ld.so/LD_PRELOAD question

9. link static libraries into a shared library

10. Issues with linking against a library built w/ -D_REENTRANT

11. linking against old shared libraries

12. linking against shared libraries

13. linking statically against shared libraries