allow apache to copy files from /tmp to a file-directory under php4

allow apache to copy files from /tmp to a file-directory under php4

Post by Jac » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:54:20

Hi!
how do I allow the apache-server (Apache/1.3.14 (Unix)
(Red-Hat/Linux) ) to copy files from the /tmp-directory to a specific
/file-directory ?  Which rights have to be set and where?

or:
how do I check my configuration to find out if it is possible?

(It is a problem under a php4 file-uploading process.)

Thanx for all hints.
Hans Hubbertz

Post by Joachim Zob » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 04:24:43

>how do I allow the apache-server (Apache/1.3.14 (Unix)
>(Red-Hat/Linux) ) to copy files from the /tmp-directory to a specific
>/file-directory ?  Which rights have to be set and where?

Probably the file and directory  permissions for DocumntRot and below
are set in a way that the webserveruser does not have write access,
right? This is a good thing, for it is an additional barrier for an
attacker.

You could do an ftp localhost as a user that has write access.

Hth,
Joachim

--
SELECT COUNT(1) FROM HIMMELSZELT.STERNE;

Althoug this message has a valid From header, replies

1. RHL7.0 and PHP4: Apache config file problem: file extensions

The /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file that comes with RHL7.0 contains the
following lines (see below). This is pointless as Red Hat 7.0 does not
install PHP/FI which is now outdated and does not install PHP3 either
but does install PHP4 which is broken up into the packages php-ldap,
mod_php, php, php-imap, php-mysql, php-pgsql, and php-manual. Hence
the PHP/FI and perhaps also the PHP3 lines should have been commented
out by the RPM spec file as I can now use .php3 extensions but not
.php or .php4 extensions for files to be correctly interpreted by the
Apache web server and I am not root on the system hence I cannot change
this. Has this problem been fixed in Red Hat 7.1?

Thanks!

# The following is for PHP4 (conficts with PHP/FI, below):
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php3 .phtml .php
</IfModule>

# The following is for PHP3:
<IfModule mod_php3.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
  AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
</IfModule>

# The following is for PHP/FI (PHP2):
<IfModule mod_php.c>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .phtml
</IfModule>

2. Maximum open files per connection question

3. Apache: htstatus files in /tmp directory

4. odd ppp/cu problem...

5. Configure Apache to allow directories to be downloaded -- not just files

6. Neomagic MagicGraph 128ZV driver needed for AverMedia PLUS

7. copying a directory structure with a particular file in directories below

8. olvwm Segmentation fault

9. Q: copy directory (containing links) as directory (as files)

10. delete of -ksh.log file in /tmp directory

11. Can I delete all files in /tmp directory?

12. /tmp directory - files won't go away (continued)

13. Removing files from /tmp directory