How to accept several connections on Apache ?

How to accept several connections on Apache ?

Post by Jean-Philippe BATT » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 17:39:48

Hello

I would like to have some advices about server pool management on
Apache. I am using Apache Server 1.3.12 on AIX to access an
oracle database. I don't have apache src to compile it again.

I would like to provide 300 simultaneous connections. For the moment
I changed StartServers,MinSpareServer,MaxSpareServer,Maxclients
but i notice the following message in the error-log :

[info] server seems busy, (you may need to increase StartServers, or
Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 78
total children

Could you give me some configuration examples to support 300 connections

by setting theses parameters to correct values .

Thanks in advance ..

Jean-Philippe BATTU                Phone   : (33) 04 76 29 73 43
Database Competence Center         Fax     : (33) 04 76 29 75 18

Bull, ISD/ICS/DB Solution Center        PC:B1/382
01 Rue de Provence
B.P. 208
38432 Echirolles FRANCE

How to accept several connections on Apache ?

Post by Joshua Sliv » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 10:14:09

[...]

Quote:> [info] server seems busy, (you may need to increase StartServers, or
> Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 78
> total children
> Could you give me some configuration examples to support 300 connections
> by setting theses parameters to correct values .

Why don't you tell us what you are using, and we can let you know if
it looks reasonable.  The log message you quoted is nothing to worry
about.

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

How to accept several connections on Apache ?

Post by Kris Anderso » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:25:07

Look in yout httpd.conf file.
    MaxClients 150 (default) change it to 300 or more.