Web Site Creation

Post by Philip Yo » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi, all you * friends.

I need help and information. If anybody who has the knowhow and the experience
in the subject matter please Email me directly or post in this newsgroup.

Ok, I need to know how, what, who and/or where to the followings.

        1) How can one create a Web Site Server?
        2) How much does it cost, both in-house and if it is provided by a Web Site
            Service Provider?
        3) How difficult is it to maintain one?
        4) What are the H/W, S/W and any others that is needed to create and run one?
        5) What is the benefit of running a Web Site Server in-house compared to a Web
            Site Service Provider?
        6) What kind of knowledge would one require to run such a Web Site in-house?
        7) Who are the Web Site Service Provider in Kuala Lumpur?
        8) Where can I get more information with regard to Web Site Server?
        9) Which would be a better approach, in-house Web Site Server or through a
            service provider?

I need as much detail as possible, please therefore elaborate as I am very very
new to such this as this Web Site thing. My company is thinking of getting on
the World Wide to provide not only information to the customer but also as a
source of information to our disperse office in and outside of Malaysia.

Many thanks in advance.

Web Site Creation

Post by TeeJ » Sat, 14 Sep 1996 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

On 12 Sep 1996, Philip Yong posted the following:

Quote:> Hi, all you * friends.

Hi too,

Quote:> I need help and information. If anybody who has the knowhow and the experience
> in the subject matter please Email me directly or post in this newsgroup.

> Ok, I need to know how, what, who and/or where to the followings.

>    1) How can one create a Web Site Server?

Simply RTFM. Set up a Un*x box and install Apache (or one of the like).

Quote:>    2) How much does it cost, both in-house and if it is provided by a Web Site
>        Service Provider?

Depends on what you want. The more you want, the more it will cost you. My
own site cost me about $1,200 an a 486 DX/2 66 and about $9 a month for an
10 Mbit connection. Yes, directly to my compu.

Quote:>    3) How difficult is it to maintain one?

Depends on how clever you are...

Quote:>    4) What are the H/W, S/W and any others that is needed to create and run one?

Hmmm.... H/W, S/W and others?

Quote:>    5) What is the benefit of running a Web Site Server in-house compared to a Web
>        Site Service Provider?

Costs?

Quote:>    6) What kind of knowledge would one require to run such a Web Site in-house?

Knowledge on HTML, HTTP, Un*x, Images, CGI, SSI, etc...

Quote:>    7) Who are the Web Site Service Provider in Kuala Lumpur?

You're asking me? ;)

Quote:>    8) Where can I get more information with regard to Web Site Server?

Which server is that? Look before you .... Try Yahoo, nice directions...

Quote:>    9) Which would be a better approach, in-house Web Site Server or through a
>        service provider?

Again, depends on what you want. First tell what you want and then ask the
questions.

Quote:> I need as much detail as possible, please therefore elaborate as I am very very
> new to such this as this Web Site thing. My company is thinking of getting on
> the World Wide to provide not only information to the customer but also as a
> source of information to our disperse office in and outside of Malaysia.

Too _lazy_ to do your own research? Try to read some things (and believe
me, there's plenty to read) before you ask these kind of simple questions.

--
TeeJay signing off while saying:
                      "Avoid the Gates of Hell.  Use Linux"

Web Site Creation

Post by K Beecha » Wed, 18 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Young Phil,
Check out Davids Amazing creations at URL http://www.veryComputer.com/. It is
an amazing repository of information. His FAQ is worth $50.00 if it was
a book and it explains everything even going as far as to provide a
template business plan for setting up as an Internet access provider.
There are links to so many other related sites.
I wish I knew who the Internet access provider in Malaysia is but I am
based in London UK and am not in a position to know.
You had better check it out.Good luck and may the * force be with
you.
Respect to all you * Brethren.

1. Need web based web site creation tool

Hi,

I'm assisting a local community center with their unix box, and we would
like to have a easy to use web based web site creation tool. Something
that would allow users to select from a list of templates and create a
basic web site all done with their web browser. Something like Site
Studio would be great. But we need a package that is free. We're very
limited on funds.

Any suggestions? I've searched freshmeat, linuxapps, and a few other
sites.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. ufsdump troubles

3. Fwd: Intel Secrets Web Site forced to quit some web site activity...

4. Unix File Browser

5. Web Site, News Group, FTP Site Ratings!!!

6. lbolt

7. Looking for: web sites of linux developers, and funding/contrib/donation sites

8. PureData network cards?

9. Ftp site and Web site addresss

10. HOSTING WEB SITES.THE BEST ADMINISTERING VIA THE WEB

11. SVNet meeting July 19th.: World Wide Web - Building a Quality Web Site

12. Allowing only access to my web site from a link to another web using APACHE

13. Setting up of WEB pages in a WEB site in UK