Automatic Proxy Configuration in NS

Post by Ernest Y » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Hi, I want to know how to configure the option in Netscape
: about Options->Network Preferences->Proxies->Automatic Proxy Configuration
: ->Location(URL)
: to let users to use my proxy server.  Anything that I can set into the
: server and client to do it as well?

Visit these two web pages for details :

<URL:http://home.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_3.0
            /management/proxy/how.html>

<URL:http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html>

--

Post by Mr. Chow Wing S » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I want to know how to configure the option in Netscape
about Options->Network Preferences->Proxies->Automatic Proxy Configuration
->Location(URL)

to let users to use my proxy server.  Anything that I can set into the
server and client to do it as well?

Thanks in advance.

--
Johnson Chow

1. NS Proxy Server Automatic Proxy Configuration??

The Netscape Proxy Server FAQ says this:

===
Isn't using a Proxy Server a hassle for my end users?

No. Netscape Navigator supports Automatic Proxy Configuration which
makes using a proxy network seamless and transparent
to an end user. Using Automatic Proxy Configuration, a system
administrator can write a single JavaScript which tells each client
on the network how and when to use the available proxy servers and
publish it to a specified URL. Changing proxy configuration
requires the administrator to edit this script only once. Netscape
Navigator will check the specified URL each time it is initialized.
===

Where can I find some documentation and/or examples on how to
write such a JavaScript so users can use the "Automatic Proxy
Configuration Location (URL)" to specify proxy servers and ports
in their browser options?

2. SMP on 2.0.27 locks on boot

3. NS Proxy 2.5: clients loose automatic proxy configuration

4. problem building kernel with ELF gcc 2.7.0

5. Problems with automatic proxy configuration

6. pppd falsely claims no kernal PPP support

7. junkbuster and automatic proxy configuration

8. wildcarded filenames in unix?

9. automatic proxy configuration

10. Automatic proxy configuration

11. apache 1.3.3 & automatic proxy configuration

12. LDAP on NS Proxy Server 3.5?

13. Broken Images via NS Proxy