*.html or *.htm

*.html or *.htm

Post by Gary Lindgr » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00



Using Apache 1.05, can I set the conf files so that the content files can have
either the normal *.html or *.htm extensions.
Thank you,
Gary Lindgren
Palo Alto  CA

 
 
 

*.html or *.htm

Post by Jan Schuber » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:> Using Apache 1.05, can I set the conf files so that the content files can
have
> either the normal *.html or *.htm extensions.

Sure. Use conf/mimi.types !
 
 
 

*.html or *.htm

Post by Paul Sutto » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00



Quote:> Using Apache 1.05, can I set the conf files so that the content files can
have
> either the normal *.html or *.htm extensions.

Edit conf/mime.types, and change the 'text/html' line to say:

   text/html      html htm

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Technical Director, UK Web --- http://www.ukweb.com/~paul/
Apache Week: Latest news on Apache server... http://www.apacheweek.com/

 
 
 

*.html or *.htm

Post by Alan J. Flavel » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00



Quote:> Edit conf/mime.types, and change the 'text/html' line to say:

>    text/html      html htm

It's a possible solution, certainly; but an NCSA tutorial pointed
out that if you do it by means of an AddType directive in srm.conf,
then you can always fetch the latest version of mime.types and you
don't have to worry about carrying over any local changes from the
old version.

That looks like good advice to me, and I reckon it would be equally
good advice with Apache.

--

best regards

"Do the two dashes and a space count against my limit of 4 lines?"

 
 
 

*.html or *.htm

Post by H.Stra » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

>Using Apache 1.05, can I set the conf files so that the content files can
have
>either the normal *.html or *.htm extensions.
>Thank you,
>Gary Lindgren
>Palo Alto  CA

        You just need the following two lines in mime.types:

                text/html       html
                text/html       htm

        (you can also use: "AddType text/html      htm" in srm.conf)

 
 
 

*.html or *.htm

Post by Christopher G. Man » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00




> > Edit conf/mime.types, and change the 'text/html' line to say:

> >    text/html      html htm

> It's a possible solution, certainly; but an NCSA tutorial pointed
> out that if you do it by means of an AddType directive in srm.conf,
> then you can always fetch the latest version of mime.types and you
> don't have to worry about carrying over any local changes from the
> old version.

> That looks like good advice to me, and I reckon it would be equally
> good advice with Apache.

I have sucessfully done this.  In srm.conf, you can easily change
the line:

DirectoryIndex index.html

to

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml

Or perhaps I'm not quite understanding what it is you guys are trying
to do here.  :)

--
Christopher G. Mann

 
 
 

1. Using a wildcard: convert *.htm to *.html


: Hi, is it possible to say, convert all files in
: a directory with an .htm extension to .html?

: Like:

: mv *.htm *.html

: Yes,  I know it doesn't work as written.

Use this:

for FL in *.htm
do
        mv $FL ${FL}l
done

Beirne

--
Beirne Konarski         | Subscribe to the Unicycling Mailing List

Kent State University   | Unicycling Web Page:
"Untouched by Scandal"        | http://nimitz.mcs.kent.edu/~bkonarsk/

2. Implementing quotas

3. matching *.html and *.htm with one pattern

4. X config

5. Apache: *.htm and *.html

6. PC Speaker

7. Changing *.htm to *.html

8. e100 driver fails to initialize the hardware after kernel bootup through kexec

9. mv *.htm *.html

10. How do I <4dos>ren *.htm *.html</4dos> in bash?

11. Redirect *.htm to *.html

12. mv *.htm *.html????

13. Apache: *.html and *.htm