Apache 1.3.19 and PHP4 errors

Post by Mr Free » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:45:09

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded Apache 1.3.19 and Php 4 for my Solaris 8;the
installation process caused no problems and so for the compilation;
but when i try to launch apache (apachectl start) or httpd, nothing
seems to occur, and the error_logs file says:

Error getting local adress
getpeername: socket operation on non-socket
getsocketname: socket operation on non-socket

What does it means?How can I resolve this problem?
Thnx for help!Mr Freeze

Apache 1.3.19 and PHP4 errors

Post by John Austi » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:13:16

Are you trying to start Apache from an unprovileged account ?

You need to run as Root if you are attempting to listen() to port 80.

Quote:> Hi everyone,

> I've downloaded Apache 1.3.19 and Php 4 for my Solaris 8;the
> installation process caused no problems and so for the compilation;
> but when i try to launch apache (apachectl start) or httpd, nothing
> seems to occur, and the error_logs file says:

> Error getting local adress
> getpeername: socket operation on non-socket
> getsocketname: socket operation on non-socket

> What does it means?How can I resolve this problem?
> Thnx for help!Mr Freeze

1. Apache 1.3.19 & PHP4: module doesnt seem to start

Hi there,

I recently installed Apache 1.3.19 and PHP4 (and MySQL, but I'll touch
this later) on a FreeBSD box:

$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.3-BETA

I *think* I've installed Apache and PHP4 correctly. Apache is runnig and
PHP4 is compiled in as a static module:

einstein# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  [......]
  mod_php4.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

My httpd.conf contains (among other things) the following lines:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

But if I open a PHP enqabled website, Netscape just pops up its "save or
execute file" dialogue, so I suppose Apache simply doesn't know it has
to handle the PHP-MIME-type-document with its PHP4 module.

Why is this?

If you answer I'd appreciate an CC to my e mail account.
Help is greatly appreciated... and have many thanks in advance!

Clueless,
    Andi

2. Open source discussion apps

3. Problems with PHP 4.0.4pl1 + apache 1.3.19 + mod_perl 1.25

4. newbie

5. apache 1.3.19 on linux 7 startup error

6. Newbie: Shell script to change directories

7. Apache 1.3.19 ans Solaris8 errors

8. IDE problem in 2.4.21-pre1 --> pre5

9. Apache 1.3.19 return 403 Forbidden on PDF file

10. Apache 1.3.19 crashing?

11. KeepAlive in Apache 1.3.19 Proxy

12. apache 1.3.19, mod_ssl, Authentification

13. Apache 1.3.19