Apache with AolPress 2.0 and BROWSE method

Apache with AolPress 2.0 and BROWSE method

Post by Brian S. Craigi » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hmm.... talking to myself here, but...

I managed to make the changes.  I've enabled BROWSE MKDIR and MOVE (the
latter being for netscape roaming access).  If anyone wants info on the
changes, please let me know

Cheers!

Brian

> Hi all.

> How easy would it be to change Apache 1.3.x to permit me to use a

> Script BROWSE .....

> directive to handle the BROWSE method implemented by the AolPress
> browser?

1. Can Apache recognise AOL's BROWSE method

This would be more appropriate for comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

Apache does not support AOLserver's non-standard BROWSE method.  They
lie on their web site:

   All interaction between AOLserver and AOLpress is based on industry
   standard HTTP methods including "PUT" and "DELETE". AOLserver will
   interact with any editor/browser capable of implementing these
   methods.

BROWSE is _NOT_ a "industry standard HTTP method".

2. crypt command

3. Apache Problem: Method POST Method Not Implemented

4. UMSDOS problems (bad ones)

5. browsing samba 2.0 from NT

6. 3Com Ethernet Adaper and Kernel 2.2.2

7. qt-2.2.0 qlistview - removeColumn method

8. WWW browser for Intel Solaris 2.5

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. aolpress and Linux?

11. Apache 2.0 on Red Hat 8.0 only outputs the Apache Test Page

12. newbie - apache 1.3 vs apache 2.0 questions

13. Functions/methods called from C++ programs/methods