apache 1.2b8: Exclude machines from TransferLog-File

apache 1.2b8: Exclude machines from TransferLog-File

Post by Ellen Oestringe » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I want to be able to exclude every machine of my home domain from
the transfer log file. How can I do that?

Thanks,
   Ellen

1. <Files> directive and regexps in apache 1.3.6, or excluding files

Hi.
I'm trying to get a .htaccess file to restrict access to all files by
<Files *>
require valid-user
</Files>

But I want to give access to one or 2 files (or a subdirectory) in the
same directory anyway. To do this I tried to use a negative lookahead
assertion with <FilesMatch>, but that didn't work. Now when I am
reading the docs, though, I see that if I use
<FilesMatch blahblah> I get regexp matching, while if I use
<Files ~ blahblah> I get _extended_ regexp matching. It also says that
the use of <FilesMatch> is preferred in apache 1.3 and up.

So does this mean that I should attempt the negative lookahead with
<Files ~ blahblah>? Or is that unwise? Will it be taken out of apache
soon? Or, last but not least, is there a better way to do this? I
can't find any.

Thanks.

Ketil Froyn
--
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/

2. How to ping a host?

3. Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

4. Route Question

5. Apache TransferLog with Apache::LogFile and rotatelogs catastrophy!

6. ipchains and VPNs

7. Apache: exclude gifs and jpgs frpm log file

8. multithreading ??

9. apache: excluding certain files from auth checks?

10. HELP: Apache 1.2b8 Compile error !!!!

11. Apache 1.2b8: select: (listen): Invalid argument

12. bug in Apache 1.2b8 src/Configuration.tmpl

13. Brave one here trying Apache 2b8