Raptor log parser for web usage stats

Post by Steve Larse » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Looking for an app to produce Analog-compatible web log from
Raptor 4.0 firewall logs (to preserve source IP's), before
inventing the small wheel myself.  Anyone?  TIA.

SL

Post by Stephen Turne » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Looking for an app to produce Analog-compatible web log from
> Raptor 4.0 firewall logs

I don't know what Raptor logs look like, but the latest version of analog can
read log files in almost any format.

--

  Normally: Statistical Laboratory,  16 Mill Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1SB, England
  Until 12/98: Dept. of Math. & Stats., 585 King Edward Ave., Ottawa, Canada

1. extensive web usage stat package for linux?

looking for a more or less sophisticated web usage stat package for
Linux.  our logs are 3+ mln lines long, over 600 mb in size.   we are
would like to gather max possible information including visits based
on cookies, summaries by calendar units (week, month, quarter), and so
on...  so, analog is out as it provides only basic information.

we have used Wusage for a while, but now it's prohibitively slow and
takes days to process a file (actually, haven't had patience to see it
finish since it takes over a week on a PPro w/512Mb of RAM).

Summary is an excellent tool, and it's blazing fast, but it doesn't do
incremental processing.

we tried webtrends server for linux.  it's a real dog, runs forever,
and often just hangs for good 30 minutes or so.

thanks for your help,

--sasha

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. how to sort mail before I read it?

3. Generating usage stats/logs for high-volume website

4. Status of kernel list

5. How to Log Web Usage on My Intranet

6. WINE

7. Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux

8. What is the different between console and terminal

9. iptables' log parser

10. Netscape Server Access Log parser?

11. Good syslog log parser?

12. Sophos mailsweeper (mmsmtpd) log-parser

13. Firewall log parser bash script