FTP Proxy Setup:Mime type problem

Post by Gopakumar H Pilla » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have Apache 2.4 as a proxy server. All works fine. I can log in to any
FTP site, but if I try to download any binary file, it interprets it as
text/plain type and displays on screen. Is there anyway I can specify in
the configuration files(I did set the DefaultType in srm.conf to
application/octet-stream, but in vain) so that by default files are
treated binary and the browser would ask me whether to save or execute?

Thanks in advance

FTP Proxy Setup:Mime type problem

Post by Jess Dat » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I have Apache 2.4 as a proxy server. All works fine. I can log in to any
>FTP site, but if I try to download any binary file, it interprets it as
>text/plain type and displays on screen. Is there anyway I can specify in
>the configuration files(I did set the DefaultType in srm.conf to
>application/octet-stream, but in vain) so that by default files are
>treated binary and the browser would ask me whether to save or execute?

>Thanks in advance

Are you sure this is a proxy problem?, seems like it could be a browser,
(or in some remote cases: a http server problem).

Quick Fix:
Try holding down the <SHIFT> key when clicking.

Works in Netscape and that's all I care about.  Just my 0.02
Raj