Apache creating log files in the wrong place.

Apache creating log files in the wrong place.

Post by Ali Davac » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

We are running several virtual web sites.  The only problem that we
have is the the first entry virtual host insists on placing it's log
files off of the server root.  Even though the directive Transfer log
is set to /var/logs/httpd/www. We are running Apache 1.1.1 on Solaris
2.5 (UltraSparc).

Here is the entry:

<VirtualHost xxx.com>
DocumentRoot /var/www/docs
ServerName www.xxx.com

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/www/error_log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/www/access_log
RefererLog /var/log/httpd/www/referer_log
UserDir public_html
</VirtualHost>

(Names with held to protect the inncocent.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Ali

1. Apache Logs : wrong entries in log files

I am running Apache/1.2.6 on FreeBSD.

My apache logs for the virtualhosts on my system are getting mix up.
Example: Transaction and Referer logs from one virtualhost appear like
100's of hits are coming from other virtual hosts on my system.

Virtualhost A may appear in the logs of virtualhost B and vice versa.
Anyone have any ideas here?  Thanks.

Ross

2. More than 4 EIDE devices?

3. Apache 1.2.0 Virtual Hosts -- log file permissions wrong under Linux and Solaris

4. Linux support for Colorado Trakker 700 tape drive?

5. Apache Gzip Log Pipe Creates Empty File

6. "Hot swappables" newbie

7. apache 1.2.0 log files won't be created

8. NIS on AIX 3.1 + SunOS 4.03c

10. RPM's installing .h files in wrong place?

11. My init file is in the wrong place!

12. creating different syslog file /var/log/syslog.0 /var/log/syslog.1...

13. Log files in two places?