11th USENIX Security Symposium, August 5-9

11th USENIX Security Symposium, August 5-9

Post by Alex Walke » Wed, 03 Jul 2002 07:06:49

Attend the 11th USENIX Security Symposium being held August 5-9 in
San Francisco. Check out http://www.usenix.org/sec02 for our early
registration and student discounts.

This year's program brings together an exceptional group of speakers
to inform and educate including Keynote speaker Whitfield Diffie,
co-inventor of public key cryptography and Chief Security Officer at
Sun Microsystems.  Diffie will talk about security policy and
challenges for the 21st century.  Other Invited Talks teach you why
common security systems fail; how to validate and test security
designs; how to make biometrics authentication work; legal aspects of
the DMCA; and much more.

Benefit from our security tutorials where you can learn the latest
techniques and the most effective strategies from the experts
including: Building Honey Pots, IPSs, UNIX Security Solutions, and
Building Secure Software.
http://www.usenix.org/events/sec02/tutorials/

Want to learn new ideas for adding security hooks to software
systems? Find out how to sandbox malicious applications? Understand
how to secure new Web services? Learn about privacy issues or dealing
with law enforcement?  Take away practical solutions to these topics
and more at the USENIX Security Symposium.

For detailed information and to register, please visit our Web site
at: http://www.usenix.org/sec02

Don't miss our FREE VENDOR EXHIBITION!  Your exhibit pass also
includes access to our Keynote presentation, by Whitfield Diffie on
Wednesday, August 7, 9am.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!

--
Alex Walker
Production Editor

1. 11th USENIX Security Symposium

Get practical techniques to improve the security of your systems and
networks at the only conference that offers the latest, cutting edge
research in computer security: the 11th USENIX Security Symposium.

11th USENIX Security Symposium
August 5-9, 2002
San Francisco, California
http://www.usenix.org/sec02

Register online by July 10, 2002, and SAVE up to $400!

Now in its 11th year, USENIX Security '02 offers you:

*INNOVATIVE TECHNIQUES, the BEST TOOLS and the LATEST STRATEGIES in
system and network security.  Select from 2 days of intensive
TUTORIALS including:

Practical Wireless IP
UNIX Security Threats and Solutions - NEW
Network Security Protocols and Current Standards - NEW
Crash course in SSL and TLS - NEW
Building Honey Pots - NEW
Cisco's Security Features - NEW

*The latest, innovative RESEARCH at our Refereed Paper track. Topics
include:
OS Security
Intrusion Detection/Protection
Access Control
Hacks/Attacks
Sandboxing
Web Security
Generating Keys and Timestamps
Deploying Crypto

*Access to Industry Experts including:

KEYNOTE SPEAKER, Whitfield Diffie, Distinguished Engineer, Sun
Microsystems speaking about "Information Security in the 21st Century"

Simon D. Byers, ATT Labs - Research

Professor Edward W. Felten, Princeton University.

Paul Kocher, Cryptography Research, Inc.

2. x clients cant load libraries

3. Windows broken by Intel Centrino theREGISTER.co.uk

4. Help needed: freebsd for unix workstation?

5. Fw: 2.5.61 oops running SDET

6. 12th Annual USENIX Security Symposium, August 4-8, 2003, Washington DC

7. 12th USENIX Security Symposium, August 4-8, 2003, Washington DC

8. Joint USENIX Symposia: Microkernels and other Kernel Architectures and Symposium on Distributed and Multiprocessor Systems