How to bring Windows nt web pages on a unix server

How to bring Windows nt web pages on a unix server

Post by Harald Falkenber » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,

is it possible to access Windows NT web pages on a unix web server based
on apache and a solaris system?

If there are several solutions, please let me know their advantages and
disadvantages.

Any hint is welcome.

Please send in additon an e-mail to

thank you in advance
        Harald

How to bring Windows nt web pages on a unix server

Post by Jason Bradley Nanc » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

What does "Windows NT web pages" mean to you?
html is html.
Do you mean that you want to access files located on an NT server from a
unix machine?

> Hallo,

> is it possible to access Windows NT web pages on a unix web server based
> on apache and a solaris system?

> If there are several solutions, please let me know their advantages and
> disadvantages.

> Any hint is welcome.

> Please send in additon an e-mail to

> thank you in advance
> Harald

How to bring Windows nt web pages on a unix server

Post by Peter van der Land » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On 22 Feb 2000 22:44:58 +0100, Harald Falkenberg

>Hallo,

>is it possible to access Windows NT web pages on a unix web server based
>on apache and a solaris system?

>If there are several solutions, please let me know their advantages and
>disadvantages.

>Any hint is welcome.

We have a Linux server that mounts NT shares (containing HTML) in its
filesystem and shares them via Apache. This construction is not very
stable, we occasionally lose the mounts.

Regards,

Peter van der Landen

   Law Faculty, L5-47, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Holland

How to bring Windows nt web pages on a unix server

Post by Jason Bradley Nanc » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Are the NT shares mounted remotely, or are they in another partition on the
same machine?
If it's remotely, how are you doing it?  Samba?
If it's local, are the partitions NTFS or FAT?
If they are NTFS, that is your problem.  Linux support for NTFS is not good,
and is read-only.

Quote:> We have a Linux server that mounts NT shares (containing HTML) in its