Good bulletin boards?

Post by m.. » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

What are some of the better or more popular Perl-based web
bulletin boards (threaded discussions)? Are they easily
customizable?

Also, I have a page on my site where users enter their name and
email address in a form. I'd like to append this information to a
comma-delimited text file, suitable for import to a database or
spreadsheet. Could anyone refer me to any existing scripts?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Good bulletin boards?

Post by bill.wilk.. » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Not a direct answer I know but I am looking for testers
for a open-source forum components implemented in
server-side javascript. Let me know if you are interested
and I will send you more details.

Bill.
Xoology Solo: Java/JavaScript/XML Application Server
Swift, Scaleable, Secure web application development
Register now on http://www.xoology.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. ISO UNIX Bulletin Board Application Does anyone know of any UNIX bulletin board(group thinking)

type software?  My group would like to be able to use our local network to
brainstorm and discuss various issues, much the way standard news works.  In
addition, we would like to be able to limit access to either the whole system,
or optimally to individual discussions.  It would be nice to be able to choose
from a list of topics, read the existing discussion archives, then post your
own 2 cents.  This functionality is common to PC/MAC bulletin boards, but
I can't remember seeing a UNIX implementation.

        I have been told that I could run a local version of NNTP and have
everyone point their news readers to it.  I am not sure how to limit access
if we do this, and it seems awkward to have to repoint your news reader.  We
may windo up doing this, but there HAS to be a better way.

John Tisaranni                          Tel:            (703)883-7418

Workstation System Engineering Center
7525 Colshire Drive, M.S. Z267, McLean, VA 22102

2. Does irqtune come with RH 6.1????

3. Anybody have a good MicroATX board with a good integrated NIC?

4. Alloca source code

5. Unix Bulletin Boards

6. RS6000 Workstation

7. Hosting bulletin board on a web site

8. xmkmf and imake

9. Network monitoring bulletin board and forum

10. ISO UNIX Bulletin Board Type Application

11. FREE Shopping Cart and Bulletin Board

12. New Linux Bulletin Board

13. Ultimate Bulletin Board