Apache-Server and QUERY_STRINGs

Post by Reiner Berg » Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hallo,

i installed the Server Apache/1.3b3 on my Windows95-Machine and it works
well with the most Perl-Scripts always get an "500 Internal Server
Error" when submitting a Get-request to a Perl-Script with a
QUERY_STRING like:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/apache.pl?showconfig

There is no entry in the Servers error.log responding do this "Internal
Server Error"!

I have *no* trouble with QUERY_STRINGs like:

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/apache.pl?=

or

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/apache.pl?action=showconfig

My question(s):

Does anybody know, why the Apache-Server only accepts QUERY_STRINGs
which at least contain one = character (name=value)

  or

how do i have to configure the servers config-files to change this
behavior when submitting QUERY_STRINGs with only?

Thank you for any information or help

Reiner Bergs

--
--------------------------------------

 http://www.snafu.de/~bergs/index.html
--------------------------------------

1. Apache and $QUERY_STRING

I am running Apache (1.3.?) on a Linux system. I have been having problems
running the "test.cgi" that comes with Apache. Although I can run other cgi
scripts.

The problem is that environment varibales such as $QUERY_STRING do not get
passed from webpages to cgi scripts.

When I call "test.cgi" from a form within a web page this is
the output:

   CGI/1.0 test script report:

   argc is 0. argv is .

   SERVER_SOFTWARE =
   SERVER_NAME =
   GATEWAY_INTERFACE =
   SERVER_PROTOCOL =
   SERVER_PORT =
   REQUEST_METHOD =
   HTTP_ACCEPT =
   PATH_INFO =
   PATH_TRANSLATED =
   SCRIPT_NAME =
   QUERY_STRING =
   REMOTE_HOST =
   REMOTE_ADDR =
   REMOTE_USER =
   AUTH_TYPE =
   CONTENT_TYPE =
   CONTENT_LENGTH =

If I run the same webpage and "test.cgi" on my school's server the output
WILL show the values of the above variables. Apparently cgi scripts on my
server are not reading the above variables.

What do I have to do so that variables such as $QUERY_STRING get passed to
scripts ?

    of                     Web Address: http://et.trimmer.org
et.trimmer.org

2. terminals

3. How to parse a Query_String in Apache

4. help alpha setup

5. Apache: maximum limit of QUERY_STRING?

6. HTTP_HOST and log files

7. How to parse a Query_String in Apache

8. tip for Linux?

9. mod_negotiation, QUERY_STRING and Apache 1.3.22

10. Apache Truncated QUERY_STRING

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Sending XML data to Apache web server and capturing this sent data from the Apache server

13. QUERY_STRING different for SSI and CGI?