Apache:: open: to many files open.

Post by H. Zeeme » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Greetings ya'll
    I have a problem with apache on a Slackware (2.0.33).  The last time we
re-Started httpd it did not want to start, and told us there were to many
files open.  So , can any one tell me if Apache has a file limit, and
if/where i can change it??
Thanx,
    H. Zeemer

1. OpenWin Filemgr: 'cannot open file: too many files open' ?

Here's a strange problem with the FileManager in Solaris 2.3.  The
only way to fix it right now is to restart the file manager over.

 When double-clicking on a text file, file manager is set-up to
 start textedit on that file.  I quit textedit.  I double-click
 on a text file again.  And I quit again textedit.  I can do that
 approximately 54 times.  After that, you can't open any file or
 change directory within FileManager.

Does anybody know if this is a configuration problem or a bug ?
And if it's a bug, is there any patch for it ?

Thanks

Hugo Frappier
Montreal

2. Installing stuff

3. Help: What controls number of files a user can open (file open command)?

4. NETCOM and Slackware 3.2

5. Open File Manager (open file backup) for Linux?

6. system won't boot past...

7. File open or not open ???

8. linux logo copywright

9. map a process open file to a open socket ?

10. Can't open a broadcast socket because there are too many open files?

11. File open or not open???

12. cannot open /dev/mem: too many open files??

13. Open files vs. open inodes