: Avoid Proxy access ?

Post by Laurent Julliar » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody knows if there is any way to prevent proxy servers
from accesing an HTTP CERN server ? My problem is that I run a
server which restrict access by domains but htose domains have
proxies open to the outside world. Of course I could deny the
access to those machine but I can never be sure that I know
all proxies. That's why I would like to know if there is a way to
deny access to any proxy whatever it is ?

If CERN httpd can dot that do you know of any other UNIX HTTP
server which has such a feature ? Any suggestion is welcome !
(please reply by e-mail. I'll make a digest and post it).

Rank Xerox Research Centre
http://www.rxrc.xerox.com/ats/personal/julliard/
6, chemin de Maupertuis      Phone   : (+33) (0)4 76 61 50 48
38240 MEYLAN / FRANCE        Fax     : (+33) (0)4 76 61 51 99

1. Newbie Proxy Question Err... help - how do I deny access to a proxy?

I've set up a caching proxy server using apache running on a solaris
machine and I'm trying to restrict access to specific ip addresses on
a network.

As far as I understand in the access.conf file I have to put a few
lines like

order allow,deny
allow from **.**.**.24
allow from **.**.**.125

and if someone sitting on **.**.**.25 tried to connect to the proxy it
would be denied.

Obviously since this is not happening I'm posting this, what am I
doing wrong?

robbie
--

2. 40P RAM

3. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

4. dialout router

5. Avoid detection of a HTTP proxy server

6. Solars 8 x86 and ATI Rage LT Pro

7. Avoiding AOL's proxy server

8. XGUI application exit

9. AVOID* Computers Ur Way * AVOID

10. How to avoid proftpd′s access to /home/.ftpaccess

11. how to avoid linux access from a windows system?

12. APACHE: How to avoid unresolved DNS hosts to access server ?

13. Avoiding disk access