Apache Transferlog Limit GET

Post by daniel_z.. » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know an easy way to limit what is tracked in the
transferlog?  I don't care about gif's, jpeg's, etc. being downloaded,
only .html, .cgi, .js, etc.  I want to remove the graphics from being
written to transfer.log.  Is this doable?  Preferably w/ out writing the
log to a process (ie cgi script).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Joshua Sliv » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know an easy way to limit what is tracked in the
> transferlog?  I don't care about gif's, jpeg's, etc. being downloaded,
> only .html, .cgi, .js, etc.  I want to remove the graphics from being
> written to transfer.log.  Is this doable?  Preferably w/ out writing the
> log to a process (ie cgi script).

You need to switch to using CustomLog:
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog-conditional

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. Apache, httpd.conf, transferLog: Limiting certain files from being logged

Hi,

I installed a html based chat on one of the sites on my web server, and since
the file reloads every few seconds, it creates a really big log file. (100Mb
in 3 weeks) Since I use the log for statistic purpose and I want to limit its
size, I would like to know if it is possible to add in the

<VIRTUALHOST www.website.com>
..
..
</VITUALHOST>

a line where I can tell the server to do not log the file that is reloading
all the time...

Please send me a copy of your answers in my email. I won't miss your message
that way :)

Thanks!

Sebastien Paquette

Please remove the (removethis) before sending an e-mail, it's to avoid bulk
mail.

2. Linux programmers angry at RHAT??

3. Apache TransferLog with Apache::LogFile and rotatelogs catastrophy!

4. Detecting external disk on bootup

5. Limiting TransferLog entries on NCSA HTTPd 1.5

6. em86's kernel patch trashes RH5.0's source

7. Problems with Start Apache 1.2.0 ==> Invalid command TransferLog

8. Driver for Adaptec AIC-7895 / IWill BS-100

9. Apache TransferLog upload count?

10. Apache 1.2.0: TransferLog pipe -- still having problems

11. Apache fatally exits when virtual domain's TransferLog can't be opened !

12. apache 1.2b8: Exclude machines from TransferLog-File

13. Apache: TransferLog directive: | to program?