Migrating IIS to Apacher

Post by da.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have any pointers or tools for migrating an IIS server
to Apache. I am assuming ASP pages are being used on IIS.

--
Danny Aldham     Providing Certified Internetworking Solutions to Business
www.postino.com  E-Mail, Web Servers, Mail Lists, Web Databases, SQL & Perl

1. sun 2.5.1 web, ftp migrated to NT and IIS 4.0

To any System Engineer's (Unix, MCSE)

I confess that I am relatively inexperience with Unix, although I was trained
(unix and C++)  at the University for ten months. I have recently completely my
MCSE.

At my job I have the following project:

Company XYZ wants to migrate from Sun Solaris 2.5.1 to Windows NT 4.0. The will
transfer their ftp and web services to the NT Internet Information Server 4.0.
The new ftp on the NT side will have 100 directories, belong to 100 different
groups of engineers, accessed by two passwords, one for the Administrators and
one  for the  general public. I can create two groups to easily administer the
pasaswords, right?  The Web services on teh Unix side will, I believe, be on
the front end.I have never migrated Unix to NT before. And quite frankly, I
haven't used Unix in over 8 months. I have searched very hard on Sun and
Microsoft web sites and technet but saw no documentation.

Any assistance that can  help me smoothly do this migration and  be the darling
"albeit green"  of the office would be greatly appreciated.

Please send messages to both here and my office email. I have to do a
presentation by 3PM monday.

Thanks

2. CAN LINUX DO THIS FOR ME???

3. Migrating SSL sites from Netscape Enterprise and MS IIS to apache, possible?

4. Help:omniORB2,BOA_init falied!

5. Have you migrated away from IIS?

6. /var/log/message display in virtual console

7. Changing Virt. Interface on Sun Cluster

8. Info on Migrating IIS to Apache

9. Apache vs IIS 4: IIS 4 3 times faster

10. To migrate or not to migrate

11. apacher 2.0.43 and mod_ssl

12. First time apacher :-) ???