Running Apache on UnixWare 2.01

Post by Douglas Batema » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

After much trial and tribulation, finally got a clean compile.
However, when I try to run httpd, it immediately reports a 501 server
error which gets interrupted by a segmentation fault and a core dump!

I've run truss on httpd and it reported several ENOTTY errors
immediately after reading each .conf file, and there are a couple of
ENOENT's when httpd tries to open a non-existent usr/lib/ns.so.1.

At this point my brain really hurts! I'm not that savvy (yet) on
UNIX-specific C-programming, and UnixWare and I are still getting
to know one another.

Can anyone offer aid, help, assistance, advice???
(FYI: I do not have the option of replacing UnixWare with another OS)

If I get enough responses to warrant it, I'll post a summary later.

Doug Bateman
University of North Texas CWIS Coordinator

Post by Dan Busar » Wed, 14 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> After much trial and tribulation, finally got a clean compile.
> However, when I try to run httpd, it immediately reports a 501 server
> error which gets interrupted by a segmentation fault and a core dump!

You probably just missed some of the configuration.  You need to edit
httpd.h, httpd.c and httpd_config.c and supply suitable pathnames
for your system.

Make sure all of the directories exist and that your *.conf files
are in the correct ones.

Good luck,
Dan
--
 Dan Busarow
 DPC SYSTEMS

Post by Rob Hartil » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>> After much trial and tribulation, finally got a clean compile.
>> However, when I try to run httpd, it immediately reports a 501 server
>> error which gets interrupted by a segmentation fault and a core dump!

>You probably just missed some of the configuration.  You need to edit
>httpd.h, httpd.c and httpd_config.c and supply suitable pathnames
>for your system.

what needs editting in these files ?

You should be able to use Apache after editting the Makefile and
the conf/  files only.

Be sure to start Apache with a -d "/absolute/path/to/conf/.."

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/

Post by Dan Busar » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> >You probably just missed some of the configuration.  You need to edit

> You should be able to use Apache after editting the Makefile and
> the conf/  files only.

> Be sure to start Apache with a -d "/absolute/path/to/conf/.."

Editing httpd.h and changing HTTPD_ROOT and DOCUMENT_LOCATION seems
like a reasonable alternative.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow
 DPC SYSTEMS

1. Problems Update Unixware 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

In english:
   I have a machine ICL Team Server H532i BiProcessor whith 64Mb of RAM,
a Adaptec 7880 enbebed in Main Board(2940), a disk SCSI of 2GB and a
ZNYX PCI Ethernet Adapter ZX342 10/100Mb. It was working in UnixWare
2.01 perfectly and I updated to SCO UnixWare 2.1. The problems began
here.
   1.- The TCP/IP begin to functionament after 10 to 20 minutes of start
the machine. The ping work perfetly but rlogin, ftp..., not.
   2.- If I exec a cpio or tar to the tape, the system return the error:
        WARNING: sector 0000 not found in ID 0
but the disk work perfectment.
   3.- Only regconize 32Mb of ram and I add in the /stand/boot the next
instruction: MEMRANGE=0-640K:256,1M-16M:512,16M-64M:8704. The computer
hangs up into 1 of 4 times.
   Thanks.
   Maximino Rosales Galvn.

   P.D.: Sorry by ny english.

   En espa?ol:
        Tengo un cliente reciente, que queria actualizarse de la versin
de UnixWare 2.01 a la de SCO UnixWare 2.1 por compatibilidad con la base
de datos que est utilizando (Progress 8.3). Segun l, la maquina estaba
funcionando perfectamente antes de que yo le actualizarse. La maquina es
un ICL Team Server H532i BiProcesador con 64Mb de RAM, una Adaptec 7880
enbebida en placa banse(o sea, una 2940), un disco SCSI de 2GB y una
tarjeta de red ZNYX PCI Ethernet Adapter ZX342 10/100Mb.
        El caso es que desde que actualiz tengo tres problemas:
   1.- Cuando por la ma?ana arracanco la maquina, a pesar de que todo,
aparentemente, est bien, el TCP/IP no funciona hasta pasados entre 5 y
20 minutos y eso si se le insiste haciendo rlogins o ftps. El ping
funciona correctamente.
   2.- Si hago una copia a cinta con el comando cpio o tar, me devuelve
el siguiente error: WARNING: sector 0000 not found in ID 0. Pero el
disco (ID 0) funciona correctamente y la copia se efectua bien.
   3.- El mas preocupante. El ordenador solo reconoce 32 de los 64Mb de
RAM que tiene. Yo introduje la instruccin:
MEMRANGE=0-640K:256,1M-16M:512,16M-64M:8704. Y ya me reconoce toda la
memoria, pero el ordenador "se cuelga" entre 1 y cuatro veces al dia.
?Alquien sabe de donde sale ":8704" o ":16896"?
        Gracias anticipadas.
        Maximino Rosales Galvn

2. No driver attached to PCI card

3. Problems Update UnixWare 2.01 to SCO UnixWare 2.1

4. Linux in New Zealand Schools

5. DNS server

6. Unixware 2.01 logging into SCO 3.2.4.2 via 'cu'

7. Remove compile warning from drivers/ide/pci/sc1200.c

8. UnixWare 2.01 PTFs area now available at ftp.sco.com

9. WANTED: UnixWare Application Server 2.01

10. Relationship between Unixware 2.0 and 2.01

11. Unixware 2.01 with vxfs filesystem greater than 2GB

12. I NEED PTF2038 PATCH UNIXWARE 2.01