Error Message in access_log file. Password Mismatch

Error Message in access_log file. Password Mismatch

Post by Mr. Big B » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to password protect various web-page directories, but have
been receiving a 'password mismatch' error message in the log files.
The error message on the browser (after I attempt to access the web
page) says that I'm not authorized to access that web page.

I've setup the .htaccess file and the .htpasswd files.

I will mention that I could not locate a htpasswd program to encrypt
passwords, so I downloaded a password encryption program and have used
that to help me create the .htpasswd file.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks.

Please respons via e-mail, as I check my e-mail about every hour.

Thank you,

Michael Ridinger

Error Message in access_log file. Password Mismatch

Post by Pat Crea » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm trying to password protect various web-page directories, but have

>Please respons via e-mail, as I check my e-mail about every hour.

>Thank you,

>Michael Ridinger

The least you could do is include a valid (or, if you're paranoid and not
willing to filter your own incoming mail) a spam-proofed e-mail address!

I don't know about everybody else here, but I've got much, much better
things to do with my time than try to track you down just to give you some
free advice.