NCSA: can I change HTTP header?

Post by Brian Wats » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
   I generally use a CERN server and when I want to put something
different in the http header of a HTML file, I use the meta directory
and put the headers in there.  I have spent hours looking through the
NCSA docs and can't find a similar facility.

Can it be done?

I have a file that is generated by a CGI, but not returned by the CGI.
The CGI sends a HTTP re-direct to the file.  I want to (need to!) put
a "Cache-control: no-cache" in the HTTP header of the generated file.

---

 Computing Systems Officer.  University of Western Sydney, Macarthur

1. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

Hi,
I tried to add http header using the .htaccess file, but I got the following
error message:
Invalid command 'Header', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
I used Header directive in my .htaccess file, anyone can tell me what's the
reason?
The .htaccess file I am using:
<Files "t.txt">
Header set Author "John P. Doe"
</Files>
Thanks!

2. e450 additional disk not recognized by OS

3. Changing http to https??

4. Winmodems and Linux

5. Headers, Headers, whos got the Headers

6. Redirection

7. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

8. Apache - connected from 255.255.255.255

9. NCSA http daemon question?

10. Need suggestions on CERN or NCSA http server.

11. NCSA http 'stalling'

12. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

13. NCSA http 1.5 Virtual Hosts