cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed

cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed

Post by Akshay Sivanand » Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:00:22

Hi
I'm using Apache1.3.14 on solaris.
I'm trying to allow each of my user-directories to have a cgi-bin directory.
So I placed the cgi-bin directory underneath the public_html directory. I
added the following code to my httpd.conf

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

I've saved the cgi-file under ~user/public_html/cgi-bin/<cgi-filename>

When I try running it from the browser, I see the source code, rather than
seeing the cgi script being executed.

Whats possibly wrong with the configuration?

Thanks
Akshay

1. cgi scripts dont execute, just display source code

Hello,

I'm using Apache1.3.14 on solaris.
I'm trying to allow each of my user-directories to have a cgi-bin directory. So
I placed the cgi-bin directory underneath the public_html directory. I added the
following code to my httpd.conf

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

I've saved the cgi-file under ~user/public_html/cgi-bin/<cgi-filename>

When I try running it from the browser, I see the source code, rather than
seeing the cgi script being executed.

I know something's probably wrong with the configuration file, but I'm not sure
what that is? Has anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks
Akshay

2. Yet another TGUI9440 victim....

3. Getting Perl.pl files to execute via Apache 1.2.6 - not just display script text?

4. fail to mount tmpfile file system

5. CGI scripts won't execute, gets sent to browser

6. Mirroring in AIX 4

7. Perl CGI script gets CGI params as ARGV arguments under Apache2

8. Adaptec AVA 1515 & Mustec Scanner

9. Apache, nph- cgi scripts not getting killed..

10. Apache : how to execute a CGI instead of getting automatic index ?

11. Just getting started, CGI's won't execute.

12. Getting satan to execute the perl scripts

13. Getting scripts to execute in a different console?