Question on htaccess

Post by Davey Walbec » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I need to have an access list from a database, but this doesn't protect
the directory for direct access through the URL.  htaccess will protect
the directory as I need, but I need to have the login and password
accessed for a database.  Is there any information that I can send to
htaccess, such as a cookie, that will use htaccess's list and I'll
authenicate before allowing that link?

Anybody know any other solution to having a directory password protected
and have the access list reading from a database?

-Davey

                        SUPPORT

                Vyzynz International Inc.
           155 N. 400 W. #125, SLC,  UT  84103
       Fax 596-7590 : Voice:  596-7795:  M-F(8am-6pm)
         E-mail support within 24 hours on everyday

Question on htaccess

Post by Joshua Sliv » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I need to have an access list from a database, but this doesn't protect
> the directory for direct access through the URL.  htaccess will protect
> the directory as I need, but I need to have the login and password
> accessed for a database.  Is there any information that I can send to
> htaccess, such as a cookie, that will use htaccess's list and I'll
> authenicate before allowing that link?
> Anybody know any other solution to having a directory password protected
> and have the access list reading from a database?

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't understand what the heck
you are talking about.  Can you try repeating this in a slightly
clearer manner.  What exactly do you want to do?
As far as basic authorization using a database, there is
mod_auth_db, mod_auth_dbm, and several other mod_auth_* modules.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

Question on htaccess

Post by William Ya » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I need to have an access list from a database, but this doesn't protect
> the directory for direct access through the URL.  htaccess will protect
> the directory as I need, but I need to have the login and password
> accessed for a database.  Is there any information that I can send to
> htaccess, such as a cookie, that will use htaccess's list and I'll
> authenicate before allowing that link?

> Anybody know any other solution to having a directory password protected
> and have the access list reading from a database?

mod_auth_external ... ?

--
The Greater Columbus Free-Net
System Administration

1. How to prevent reading of .htaccess in a .htaccess ?

Hello,

I use Apache 1.3.20 on Solaris 2.6 and i want to know how i can prevent
reading of .htaccess IN
a .htaccess (not a <directory> directive).

Basically this is what i want :
http://www/guest/noguest/

In this case i want that the .htaccess in /guest prevent the reading of
the .htaccess in noguest.
(and i all the directories below)

I don't want a <directory> directive because in this case this is the
admin (me) who edit the httpd.conf
and not the user who manage his directory (and put the .htaccess).

Best regards, thanks per advance for your answers,

 Ludovic.Maitre at sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02
 Free online CSS editor :

http://www-sop.inria.fr/semir/personnel/Ludovic.Maitre/freestyle/free...

2. recvfrom() & sendto()

3. .htaccess's question

4. What is meaning of CRON message?

5. Question on htaccess

6. login.class and accounting limits

7. Apache: htaccess question

8. Trashed filesystem: help with E2FSCK please

9. .htaccess question

10. .htaccess <IP forward> question please (Repost)

11. htaccess question

12. HTACCESS generator question!

13. newbie .htaccess question