Virtual Domains with NCSA 1.5 on BSDi - Here's how!

Virtual Domains with NCSA 1.5 on BSDi - Here's how!

Post by Jordan Redn » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I finally got Virtual Domains working with BSDi 2.01 and NCSA
httpd 1.5 - Here's what to do......

First of all -

Make sure you are primary delegator for the new domains -
I haven't tried being the secondary yet.

Set them up with their own ip's in your nameserver.

then do a

ifconfig ef0 newip alias
route add host newip 127.0.0.1

(ef0 is the ethernet card)
(newip is the ip address you just setup)

Then in the httpd.conf file...do...

<VirtualHost   newip  Optional>
DocumentRoot   /usr/local/etc/httpd/docs/directory
ServerName     www.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

That outa take care of it.

above -   newip is the New IP you just setup in your nameserver.

make sure you can ping the newip before proceeding

Also DocumentRoot is whatever directory you want to assign
to the new domain's document root.

Of course you will have to kill `cat /usr/local/etc/httpd/logs/httpd.pid`
then restart the httpd.

Have fun!

HTH

Jordan Redner

1. Virtual domains using NCSA 1.5 or Apache?

We are using Netscape's line of Servers with our virtual domains.
Virtual domain support is not built into the server so we use the
HTgate software to bind the virtual domains to the commerce or
communications server.  Take a look at this for more information:

http://www.cadmus-i.com/web/web/htgate.html

  -- Jason
--

Cadmus Interactive                                    http://www.CADMUS-I.COM/

2. Unlocking

3. Problems with NCSA 'DocFinder' under NCSA HTTPd 1.5

4. cancel <W3mCc.871076$Ig.679593@pd7tw2no>

5. NCSA 1.5 Virt Domain Logs

6. Problem with lowercase names in local mailer

7. Getting Statistics for Virtual Hosts with NCSA 1.5.x

8. 6.5GB EIDE Seagate ST36450A doesn't work on VLB system

9. NCSA 1.5.1a solaris 2.4 on x86 virtual host problmes

10. NCSA 1.5 and too many virtual sites

11. NCSA http 1.5 Virtual Hosts

12. NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a CGI question

13. NCSA 1.5 Won't Start at index.html?