1. Search Engines apart from ht://Dig
We are in the process on setting up a new web server: Apache 1.3.4 on
Solaris 2.6. We are also planning to replace our current Harvest based
site web search engine.
Ht://Dig appears to be a popular choice but we wanted to know if
there are any other attractive alteratives we should consider.
The additional features over and above what our current search engine
offers that we would like are:
1, Searching of specific areas of the site (can be done using a
2. Searching of password restricted areas. For example if all of the
papers for a committee are placed in a restricted web directory,
the papers need to searchable, but only by members of the committee.
3. Searching of various document types, e.g Word documents, PDF files,
If anyone has any suggestions on any good search engines apart from
ht://Dig I would be very grateful.
Better still - I've been unable to find a FAQ/document describing the
various available site search engine which can be used with Apache,
I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
"Who are you? What do you want?" - Lorien, B5
Nick O'Brien Phone: +44 118 931 8432
Reading University, UK Web: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~suq98ngo/
2. NET-2 : ftp server problem !
3. ANNOUNCE: ht://Dig 3.0 released
4. no access to tty
5. SOFTWARE: ht://Dig version 3.1.2
6. How to clear a port without rebooting?
7. ht://Dig problems
8. UNIX permissions
9. Announce: Free Software Search Engine for Your Web Pages
10. Software Available Free: free text searching engine for WEB server
11. ANNOUNCE: new search engine for computer related material
12. ANNOUNCE: Solaris News, Discussion, Links and Search Engine
13. wwwoffle & HT:/dig