jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

Post by Raphael Arlit » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 09:31:48

Hi,

I am pretty new to jakarta-tomcat but know some of apache. If I do run
jakarta-tomcat standalone (on Linux SuSE 7.1 pro) can I generate logfiles
similar to the ones of apaches access_log?

Showing the user that accessed my site?

Raphael

jakarta-tomcat logging like access_log file of apache

Post by Tulan W. H » Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:38:30

If you use apache-tomcat, then all the log information goes to apache
access_log.

> I am pretty new to jakarta-tomcat but know some of apache. If I do run
> jakarta-tomcat standalone (on Linux SuSE 7.1 pro) can I generate logfiles
> similar to the ones of apaches access_log?

> Showing the user that accessed my site?

> Raphael

1. ANN: Jakarta Tomcat 4 now in www/jakarta-tomcat

Hi all,

After a *long* time and a lot of requests, Jakarta Tomcat 4 is now finally in
the Ports Collection. It has taken the place of Tomcat 3 in
www/jakarta-tomcat.

If you have already installed Tomcat 3, you can upgrade to Tomcat 4
using portupgrade. You should have portupgrade
(/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) installed, after which you can execute:

        # portupgrade jakarta-tomcat

If you have not yet installed Tomcat 3, then you can install Tomcat 4 as
follows:

        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat
        # make install

For those who prefer Tomcat 3, it is from now on available as the port
www/jakarta-tomcat3. You cannot use portupgrade to upgrade from an old
version of the Tomcat 3 port to a newer version. To do this you should
deinstall your Tomcat 3 port and then install the jakarta-tomcat3 port. For
instance:

        # pkg_info | grep tomcat
        jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2 A 100% Pure Java web server with built-in...
        # pkg_delete jakarta-tomcat-3.3_2
        # cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat3
        # make install

For any additional questions, please send an email to the FreeBSD Java

Kind regards,

Ernst

2. select() returns on unwanted fd's

3. Logs in Jakarta-Tomcat ??

4. FreeS/WAN setup problems

5. giflib23

6. Q: apache jakarta-tomcat (mod_jk module)

7. BitchX and Libncurses.so.3.4

8. Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat...

9. Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

10. Jakarta-Tomcat 4.1.18 + FreeBSD + linux-sun-jdk14 won't start ...

11. Jakarta-Tomcat in FreeBSD 4.2

12. instructions for jakarta-tomcat ssl installation