Changing Default File Locations when Compiling Apache

Changing Default File Locations when Compiling Apache

Post by S. William Schul » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know which file(s) need to be edited to change the default
paths when compiling Apache?  We are using RH linux, and they use
different file locations (/usr/sbin/httpd, /etc/httpd/conf, etc...).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SWS

Changing Default File Locations when Compiling Apache

Post by Sanjay Mellacheruv » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

William,

Quote:> Does anyone know which file(s) need to be edited to change the default

> paths when compiling Apache?  We are using RH linux, and they use
> different file locations (/usr/sbin/httpd, /etc/httpd/conf, etc...).

Which files are you talking about ???? When you compile the apache
source, you get an executable "httpd" and will be in the directory where
the source code is!! You can move the executable to any position you
want.Once you compile it....then comes the problem of setting your paths
for documents directory, logs, configuration files and so on.... I would
advice you to look at http://www.apache.org/docs/install.html  this site
gives you step by step instructions to install an apache web server.

have fun......

Sanjay

Quote:> Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Post by Michael Pars » Sat, 19 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know which file(s) need to be edited to change the default
>paths when compiling Apache?  We are using RH linux, and they use
>different file locations (/usr/sbin/httpd, /etc/httpd/conf, etc...).

The file you want to edit is httpd.h

It has all the default locations for config files, etc.

--
Michael Parson

1. makedepend: need to change the default include file locations

Hi,
I upgraded gcc from 2.7.0 to 2.7.2, but makedepend still insists on
looking in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/2.7.0/include for include files.
I got around this by making a link to the 2.7.2 include directory,
but would prefer to change makedepend's default search path.  Is
there a way to do this without re-building makedepend?

Cheers,
Rob Komar

2. How to measure network performance?

3. default module location changed in 2.4.0-test9 ??

4. printing problem

5. changing default mail location

6. Newbie: **Device Drivers**

7. Apache: different default locations for different users?

8. Recompilation of X source tree with pgcc?

9. Apache and default user dir location

10. Mosaic app-defaults file location?

11. Location of default route file?

12. Apache: mysterious changing locations

13. Apache won't compile HTTPD_ROOT location correctly.