/etc/passwd files

Post by b.. » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am wanting to allow users to access my site via there user name and
password that is already in the system. I understand that I must play
around with the mods of the apache server and tell it to go to the
etc/passwd file to retieve the needed info. I was hoping that someone
could point me in the right direction to start this project.
I have my htpasswd and htaccess file up and running now I have to point
them to the passwd file.
Thank you
Bard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

/etc/passwd files

Post by Joshua Sliv » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I am wanting to allow users to access my site via there user name and
> password that is already in the system. I understand that I must play
> around with the mods of the apache server and tell it to go to the
> etc/passwd file to retieve the needed info. I was hoping that someone
> could point me in the right direction to start this project.
> I have my htpasswd and htaccess file up and running now I have to point
> them to the passwd file.

For why you shouldn't do this, see:
http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#passwdauth

If you still insist, I think you will find something called
mod_auth_sys on http://modules.apache.org/

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

/etc/passwd files

Post by Ketil Froy » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> If you still insist, I think you will find something called
> mod_auth_sys on http://modules.apache.org/

I managed with mod_auth_pam.

Ketil Froyn
--
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/

1. rconsiling the /etc/shadow and /etc/passwd files

There's a command that I have forgotten that when you do any sort of
manual tweaking to the /etc/passwd file or the /etc/shadow file, the
system complains and requests that you run a command to resolve the
discrepancy.  Anyone remember that one?  It may just be under Solaris
that it is found.  Didn't do that, but am looking to make note of it for
documentation purposes.
KJ

--
.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-.
| Kerry J. Cox         OnSat Network Communications     |

| (801) 526-6463       http://www.onsatnet.com          |
| ICQ# 37681165        http://quasi.onsatnet.com/linux/ |
`-------------------------------------------------------'

2. awk question

3. /etc/passwd file problems

4. FTP Server Problem

5. Convering Slackware /etc/passwd file to Redhat

6. ipfw vs. ipfilter

7. /etc/passwd file - am I screwed?!

8. Very strange behavour of pop3d

9. Corrupted /etc/passwd file Cant Login!!!!!!

10. Error in /etc/passwd file! (Unknown user bbs)

11. /etc/passwd file paser to check validy, can anyonr help?

12. ! etc/passwd file ?!?

13. Using /etc/passwd file for Web Authorization