Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 + Software Virtual Server

Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 + Software Virtual Server

Post by Stepha » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi There

Is there a solution to assign to every virtual server an own doc-root???

editing the obj.conf file as in vers. 3.0 does not work!

Stephan

NO SPAM!!!

Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 + Software Virtual Server

Post by John P. Dod » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

We use NES 3.5.1. 3.6 and editr the obj.conf file for adding
docroots to virtual hosts. Adding virt hosts from the GUI
does not use docroot but specifies virt host home page. There
is a tech note from Netscape which indicates that this behavior
is for "backward browser compatibility" or some such thing and
that seperate docroots are "not oficially supported". This
feature plays havoc with our internal search engine.

: Hi There
:

--
John P. Dodge                           Tel: (425)865-4402 Bpr: (206)340-7210
Shared Services Group                   Addr: P.O. Box 24346, M/S 7M-HC

1. Netscape Enterprise Server -virtual software servers

I have Enterprise Server 3.5.1 running on Solaris 2.5.1 sparc
machine.  I configured the server for two software virtual servers
following the directions in the manual.  But when I type in the URL
for the second virtual server, I get an error message that says
"Not Found.  The requested object does not exist on this server.
....."  The error log file says "error opening [path]"  "No such file
or directory"   It looks like the browser is trying to access the
file in the root directory of the web server, not in the subdirectory
where it is located.

What configuration am I missing that would fix this so the URL goes to the
correct directory and file??

2. VGA and Hercules at same time?

3. Netscape Enterprise Server 3.51 and 3.6

4. IOAPIC on Via KT266a

5. Netscape enterprise Server 3.5.1 and 3.6

6. Opinions on book "Beginning Linux Programming"?

7. ? virtual software server on netscape enterprise ?

8. Changing TIMEZONE

9. NS enterprise server 3.0 and virtual software server log separating

10. Netscape enterprise server and virtual server problems

11. Virtual Servers with Netscape Enterprise Server

12. Virtual Servers in Netscape Enterprise Server

13. Netscape Enterprise server - secure virtual servers