mod_rewrite and 3rd party modules

Post by Gill » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:32:35

I'd like to use 2 apache modules : mod_rewrite and a 3rd party module.

My goal is to :
- first rewrite the requested url, with the mod_rewrite module,
- then pass this rewritten url to the 3rd party module.

However, I can't get it working : the 3rd party module processes the
original url instead of the rewritten url.

I've tried to change the AddModule order in the httpd.conf -> no
effect.

I read in several message posts that the 1.3.x version of Apache only
has a hook for URL to filename conversion, not URL to URL, which
apparently prevents from passing the rewritten url to another module
(correct me if I'm wrong).

Does anyone have a solution/workaround for this issue ?

thanx in advance !

Gilles

mod_rewrite and 3rd party modules

Post by Gill » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:38:10

Actually, the passthrough|[PT] flag was missing in the rewrite rule,
so the rewritten url wasn't passed to the next handler.

Works fine now.