Error Log: Socket Error: Accept Failed

Post by Jack Stefa » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

First off, we're running:

NCSA HTTP 1.4
Linux 1.2.1
64meg ram, p133

While looking through our error logs I've noticed maybe 20 or so
entries in the error_log that read:

socket error: accept failed

can anyone tell me why i'm getting this? is this an error on our end
or on the end of the browser? what can i do to fix this. does it even
need "fixed"?

thanks for any help,

jack stefani

--
---
jack stefani

1. Apache error -- socket error: accept failed

I've looked through this newsgroup, but I haven't quite found the
explanation for the error messages I'm getting in my log file.  I'm
running apache 1.1.3 and this message shows up periodically.

accept: Connection reset by peer
- socket error: accept failed
accept: Connection reset by peer

I'm using the default configuration that comes with apache.  I don't
have any virtual servers or anything like that going on.  As a matter of
fact, the only page on the server right now is the default home page.
I may have traced it to a school that has only ip addresses, no machine
names.  They get a socket not connected error when they try to connect
using Netscape.  Does this have anything to do with the above messages?
Is there any way I can allow them to access the web server?

I'm running apache 1.1.3 under redhat 4.1 (linux 2.0.27)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chad

2. flock64

3. Apache error_log: socket error: accept failed

4. How to rebuild X Server

5. what causes "socket error: accept failed" with Apache 0.8.11

6. Libtool error on php4 &apache2.0.43

7. Socket error: accept failed

8. 3Com Drivers for Linux

9. Apache question: "socket error: accept failed "

10. Help needed with: Apache: socket error:accept failed

11. linux, Apache v1.0.0 and socket error: accept failed

12. socket error : accept failed

13. Socket Error: Accept Failed 32/104/111