apache as transparent proxy

Post by Ron Klatchk » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> does anybody know how to configure Apache webserver (1.3.3) as transparent
> proxy, it works already as a common proxy server? Firewall part works too.

I'm not sure what a transparent proxy is, but if I guess correctly, you
should check out the ProxyPass directive:
  http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

moo

Post by Paul Greg » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>> does anybody know how to configure Apache webserver (1.3.3) as transparent
>> proxy, it works already as a common proxy server? Firewall part works too.
> I'm not sure what a transparent proxy is, but if I guess correctly, you
> should check out the ProxyPass directive:
>   http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

No, proxypass does something completely different.

If you want to do transparent proxy then use Squid. http://squid.nlanr.net

Paul.
--
Email pgregg at tibus.net |       CLUB24       | Email pgregg at nyx.net    |
Technical Director        |      INTERNET      | System Administrator       |