Search Engine that supports multi-server searching.

Search Engine that supports multi-server searching.

Post by Matt Beasle » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have been using E* for Web Servers on Solaris 2.4 server.
I have found it to be a powerful search engine over our sight.
However, we have an another server which contains HTML documents.
Both servers run Netscape's Enterprise servers. I have tried to
get the search engine to create the database for both. However,
the only thing that works is mounting the file systems.

Now for the question :

Does anyone know of a search engine that supports multi-server
searching?

I would appreciate any help in this matter.
You may reply to me personally or in the group.

Thanks in advance
        Matt.

Search Engine that supports multi-server searching.

Post by Alan C » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Now for the question :

>Does anyone know of a search engine that supports multi-server
>searching?

htdig   htdig.sdsu.edu

--

-------- http://www.cymru.net ----------       Phone: +44 1792 290194
Internet/Intranet Solutions, ISDN, Leased Lines, Consultancy and Support

Search Engine that supports multi-server searching.

Post by Ed Hoffma » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

There is another search product available for spidering and indexing
multiple servers, as well as providing local search for web sites and
intranets.

Check out Ultraseek Server (Solaris download available now) at:
http://software.infoseek.com/

-ed-

  >Now for the question :
  >
  >Does anyone know of a search engine that supports multi-server
  >searching?

  htdig   htdig.sdsu.edu

  --
  Alan Cox, Technical Director, CymruNET Ltd:     Email:

Post by Ed Hoffma » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

  I have been using E* for Web Servers on Solaris 2.4 server.
  I have found it to be a powerful search engine over our sight.
  However, we have an another server which contains HTML documents.
  Both servers run Netscape's Enterprise servers. I have tried to
  get the search engine to create the database for both. However,
  the only thing that works is mounting the file systems.

  Now for the question :

  Does anyone know of a search engine that supports multi-server
  searching?

  I would appreciate any help in this matter.
  You may reply to me personally or in the group.

  Thanks in advance
          Matt.

 You might want to try out Ultraseek Server from Infoseek.  This new
product makes it easy to add search to a multi-server site.  It is in
use
at very large public web sites with multiple web servers, as well as
in intranet and extranet settings where a single-server tool won't cut
it.

For more info, and a free eval download  (Solaris):
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Search Engine that supports multi-server searching.

Post by Michael Ghe » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Might want to try htdig. It is GNU copy left

http://htdig.sdsu.edu

Post by Webpages Robo » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

:   Does anyone know of a search engine that supports multi-server
:   searching?

We have a Perl4/5 robot (currently LWP4) which is configurable
for restricted domain, domain list, etc. at
http://vancouver-webpages.com/VWbot/
Indexing is keyword-based on the fly, but storing fulltext would
be a possible modification if you've the disk space.
Runs about 10,000 URLs/day with robot exclusion protocol.

--
Andrew
Vancouver Webpages Robots