Password Protect individual pages

Post by Richard Goldbe » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm running apache 1.3.3. I have been able to set up password protected
directories using .htaccess files.

I have read that apache 1.2 and up supports password protecting
individual pages, but I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to
do this.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

***************************** **************************************
*Rick Goldberg              * *                                    *
*Graduate Student           * * "I never wanted to be average,     *
*Computer Science Dept      * *   because when you are average you *
*York University            * *   are just as far from the top as  *
*Toronto, Canada            * *   you are from the bottom."        *

*www.cs.yorku.ca/~rickg     * *                                    *
***************************** **************************************
     "If you don't invest very much, the defeat doesn't hurt,
             But winning isn't very exciting."

Post by Joshua Sliv » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I'm running apache 1.3.3. I have been able to set up password protected
> directories using .htaccess files.
> I have read that apache 1.2 and up supports password protecting
> individual pages, but I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to
> do this.

Put the directives in a <Files> container:
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#files

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. password protecting an individual directory

Can anyone point me to a step-by-step on how to setup password
protection for an individual directory using the netscape server?

I tried setting it up but it only seems to work on the entire server and
not the directory that I specified.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

--
Carl Joel Kuzmich 412.648.1099 | Love is a better teacher than duty |
University of Pittsburgh       |                  - Albert Einstein |

2. boot failure when scsi cdr drive added

3. Possible to password protect JUST an image in a page?

4. BDF File Format

5. Security of password protected pages?

6. Finding an external socket address?

7. Using htaccess to password protect a ~home page on apache

8. Howto do a successful routing through Linuxbox...???

9. how to password protect my web pages?

10. how to password-protect a single page/file

11. Password protect http pages with Apache

12. Using password protected pages with Apache?

13. Password protected web page