Need help with NCSA 1.4.2 server

Post by PS/2 I » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I am having a LOT of trouble getting my NCSA 1.4.2 server to work.
Is it possible that one can get different results out of requests to the
same server?   In other words, what I have seen is this: using Netscape
(run on the server itself) if I click on a certain link to another
html document on the server I get the wrong .html document output, but using
Mosaic (on a machine other than the server itself) I get a "Malformed header
from script" error.   How can that happen?  Does anyone have any suggestions
on what I can do to remedy this and get this server to work outright
from anywhere?   I really need to get in contact with someone
who knows this NCSA server software pretty well.  So far it's a mess.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

10-24-95

1. Help needed with NCSA 1.4.1 and Server Side Includes

As far as I can tell, I have done everything that the NCSA tutorial
says that I should have done.  I have added Options ExecCGI Includes,
I have added AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml, and my call
is <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/test.cgi" -->.  My browser just keeps
saying that is does not know what .shtml is do I want to save it.
(Using Netscape 1.1)  Shouldn't Netscape see this file as an html
and use the browser if the server is set up correctly?  Basically,
I just can't get it to work at all.  I can, by the way, call a cgi
file with a URL for forms and such.  I just want to embed the date
in an html page without writing the whole html in the cgi script.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Scott Partelow(CNE)

Network Administrator
DHCompounding Company

2. memory

3. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

4. non-blocking gethostbyname

5. Need suggestions on CERN or NCSA http server.

6. Free Beer for all Linuxers!!!

7. NEED slip/ppp software, linux/ncsa/pentium server

8. aztech CD-ROM drive

9. help with NCSA server install -- one last problem ...

10. Help needed in setting up ncsa-httpd

11. occasional problems with my NCSA httpd server: please help!

12. Need HELP on NCSA / Netscape problems...

13. Need help on running NCSA httpd on IRIX