form recognision via Netscape browser and CERN proxy server

form recognision via Netscape browser and CERN proxy server

Post by Tom Kozlows » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Any information would be appreciated on this issue. I am having
problems with form recognition when using Netscape browser 1.1N over
the firewall. For example, <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="/cgi-bi/login">
doesn't work for me. I am simply being refused login access in the
above case. In the above example, I am using Netscape browser over the
firewall running CERN proxy server version 3.0.  Did anyone run into a
similar problem? What actually prevents the form recognition function
here? Does CERN proxy server support the form recognition???

Tom K.

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. diverting print to a file

3. Cern-proxy and netscape-browser

4. GNU/Linux & SGI

5. Using an outside proxy server form behind a proxy server

6. ein proxy und 70 user

7. Netscape Proxy server vs CERN

8. Question--fork() and execlp()

9. Submitting Forms in CERN Proxy/Cache system

10. CERN httpd 3.0 proxy fails on secure form

11. Problems with form handling in CERN 3.0pre6 proxy gateway.

12. Help needed with Netscape proxy server/browser

13. CERN vs. Netscape -- weird problem with forms