how to redirect from a directory to a perl script

how to redirect from a directory to a perl script

Post by J. S » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I would like to have a script in my cgi-bin directory that will
forward people to another web site, but I want them to be able enter
one of several URL's to be forwarded.

An example would be:

http://www.server.com/forward/theirname

But, I only want to create the 'forward' directory and have the
theirname portion read by a script to forward to another web site.

I could use:

http://www.server.com/forward?theirname

but I'd rather to the first one.

Is this possible?

Thank you

how to redirect from a directory to a perl script

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I would like to have a script in my cgi-bin directory that will
>forward people to another web site, but I want them to be able enter
>one of several URL's to be forwarded.
>An example would be:
>http://www.server.com/forward/theirname
>But, I only want to create the 'forward' directory and have the
>theirname portion read by a script to forward to another web site.

Just do it.  The extra info at the end will be stored in the PATH_INFO
environment variable.  printenv is a good script to use for testing
these things.