Apache: different access for different IP's

Apache: different access for different IP's

Post by Lensma » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:15:07

Hi,

I hope someone can help me!
My problem:
I've set up an apache as an Intranet server, so erveryone with the IP
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx should be allowed to this server (like "allow from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx").
On the other side user from outside should be allowed on this server only
via user/password combination (as with a .htaccess file).

How can I solve this for the www root directory, is a mixture from "allow
from..." and .htaccess possible?

Thx in advance

Lensman

P.S.: Please excuse my horrible English!

Post by 2Host.com - Rober » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:54:17

> Hi,

> I hope someone can help me!
> My problem:
> I've set up an apache as an Intranet server, so erveryone with the IP
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx should be allowed to this server (like "allow from
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx").
> On the other side user from outside should be allowed on this server only
> via user/password combination (as with a .htaccess file).

> How can I solve this for the www root directory, is a mixture from "allow
> from..." and .htaccess possible?

> Thx in advance

> Lensman

> P.S.: Please excuse my horrible English!

Are you saying you want the access to work like this:

Allow anyone from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP.

If they aren't on that IP, then make them have to use password
authentication to access.

Is that correct in what you're wanting to do, or did I misunderstand
you?
--
Regards,

Server admin, support & programing for shared & dedicated web servers
Secure, reliable hosting you expect and deserve! http://www.2host.com

Post by Thor Kotteli » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:08:23

> I've set up an apache as an Intranet server, so erveryone with the IP
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx should be allowed to this server (like "allow from
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx").
> On the other side user from outside should be allowed on this server only
> via user/password combination (as with a .htaccess file).

<URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#satisfy>

Follow-ups set.

Thor

--