Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

Post by skle.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Symptom: When a user submits a form over a certain length (around 1
kilobyte), our processing servlet cuts off the text. So we only get the
first kilobyte or so of what is submitted.

We've written a standard CGI to confirm that there's no limit on
Apache's POST parameters and it worked. So our current guess is that
the problem lies in JServ.

I don't see any configuration options for specifying the maximum size
of a POST request but it seems like this is exactly what's happening --
JServ is just cutting off the form.

Any ideas? We're running the latest apache, latest JServ, RedHat6.

-Klep

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

I've noticed like others that there appears to be a post size limit
when using Apache Jserv.  Has anyone else found this and is there a
work around?  I'm running the latest Apache/Jserv on RedHat 6.1.

I haven't noticed any way to increase the size of the post request.

John Mehan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. RAID/IDE driver kernel panic (as usual ICH4 problems)

3. Apache Jserv Max Concurrent Requests

4. What to gain with Linux

5. Is GET Request size limited?

6. question about gtk~~~

7. Limiting the size of I/O requests to SCSI driver

8. Routing question...

9. Apache: limiting number of requests

10. HELP-Apache limit on POST data length?

11. Apache: how to log POST requests?

12. Automating sending POST requests to Apache

13. how to write Apache module in C to handle POST requests?