NCSA HTTPd 1.5 and Linux problem

Post by Kari Varvik » Sun, 24 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I upgraded my linux to Slackware 3.0 and I'm using 1.3.77
kernel. I downloaded 1.5c version of NCSA HTTPd, but
didn't manage to get that work "standalone" in any port.
Then I tested to run HTTPd from inetd and it works just
fine, but due to performance I just want it to work
"standalone", like in my older system. I don't have
http entries in my /etc/inetd.conf or /etc/services.
I suppose that the problem isn't NCSA HTTPd
configuration files either, because they worked
in my older linux. Lynx says "Unexpected network read
error" and I can't even telnet to that 80 port.
(I started httpd as a root).

Any idea what's wrong with my system?
--

NCSA HTTPd 1.5 and Linux problem

Post by Jacques LAVIGNOT » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hello Kari,

Quote:>I upgraded my linux to Slackware 3.0 and I'm using 1.3.77
>kernel. I downloaded 1.5c version of NCSA HTTPd, but

Well, I won't solve your problem, but I wonder why you don't
switch to Apache ? It use more or less the same config files,
I think you wont have a lot of job to do it.

It works well down here with Linux kernel 1.2.13...
( I presume it will do right with 1.3.77 )

Regards,

                Jacques

1. Problems with NCSA 'DocFinder' under NCSA HTTPd 1.5

After a successful installation of the NCSA search tool 'Doc Finder' (with
freeWAIS 0.4) under CERN HTTPd 3.0, I tried to run it under NCSA HTTPd 1.5
(both under under Solaris 2.4).
Now there is a problem: Calling 'Doc Finder' with a WWW browser always results
in "SEARCH FOR [...] - No documents found" although running it directly in a
UNIX shell with the same search keywords returns several documents found.

If anybody has an idea where the problem might be, then please send an email
to:

Thanks a lot
Francois

2. EIDE (Winbond) controller useable?

3. NCSA HTTPd NCSA/1.5.0a CGI question

4. LinuxPPC and HP Deskwriter

5. Linux can't run ncsa httpd 1.5

6. sort -n with more than one column

7. NCSA HTTPd 1.5 & Linux - anyone?

8. Simple question about lpd

9. httpd 1.5 (NCSA) what user?

10. slackware 3.00, 1.2.13 & NCSA httpd 1.5 log file trouble

11. Segmentation faults in NCSA HTTPD 1.5.2a on Alpha/OSF

12. help w/ NCSA HTTPd 1.5

13. NCSA httpd 1.5 errlog growing to 15Mbytes