ANNOUNCE: Boa-0.92 fast, lightweight webserver

ANNOUNCE: Boa-0.92 fast, lightweight webserver

Post by Larry Doolitt » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

                                            *****
    Announcing release 0.92                 *    *
    of Boa - a fast, lightweight            *    *
    web server for unix-alike computers     *****     ***     ****
    publicly available under the GPL        *    *   *   *   *   *
    http://www.boa.org/                     *    *   *   *   *   *
                                            *****     ***     ****

 This release is mostly for bugfixes and a transition of ownership.
 A few new features have been added, and the documentation is improved
 and expanded.  Despite a long to-do list, the current version is
 stable, useful, and worth releasing.  It is certainly in much better
 shape than the previously published 0.91.

 How fast is it?  Web benchmarks are a tough business, and we don't
 claim definitive answers.  Here are some semi-quantitative comments:
 A 386DX/25 with 8M of RAM can take a surge of 30 hits/second.  It
 ran OK with 4M of RAM, although a little slower.  Testing on a fast
 Pentium[TM] tends to saturate a 10 Mb/s ethernet; in the limit of
 small files, we have seen surge capacity of 300 hits/second.

 and test some key features (like virtual host support) on this small,
 super-efficient web server, please send e-mail.

1. Boa-0.92 pre-announcement

   Pre-Announcement for Boa-0.92

We are still filling in gaps in the documentation, but
the code looks good.  We (Jon and Larry) intend to put
out an official release in a week or two.  If you want
to use, test, or just play with a GPL'd web server that
can breeze through a couple hundred hits _per_second_
on a Pentium[TM] running Linux, or better than thirty
hits _per_second_ on a '386 running Linux, check out

     http://x63-9.finop.umn.edu/boa/
 or  http://recycle.cebaf.gov/~doolitt/boa/

Do you feel the NEED for SPEED?  Try Boa.

2. 2.5.14: New PCI allocation code (alpha, arm, parisc) [1/2]

3. ANNOUNCE: The Boa webserver, v0.90

4. A PDF vocal reader

5. http request from client to boa webserver

6. XFree86 and kernel 2.2.12

7. Futexes IV (Fast Lightweight Userspace Semaphores)

8. NSAPI server plugin question

9. Where can I get pfdisk-0.92?

10. HP 700/92

11. Linux Gazette #92 (July 2003) available

12. actiontec v.92 callwaiting modem

13. Is there a Gnome applet for V.92 modem?