NEED SEARCH ENGINE / ROBOT: Search our site and all linked sites

NEED SEARCH ENGINE / ROBOT: Search our site and all linked sites

Post by Eric Poo » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm looking for a search program that will search and index everything on my
site AND on all sites linked to mine.  As such, this is different from most
queries of this type (many of which I read via Dejanews before posting this
article), that are looking for engines that only search the local site.

System is Linux 2.0.26, so any solution needs to run under Linux, though if
such were available for Windows 95 I could run it on the Win95 workstation and
make its output available.

Please respond either here or via e-mail and I'll summarize any emailed

Thanks ...

Eric Poole

NEED SEARCH ENGINE / ROBOT: Search our site and all linked sites

Post by Soeren Brandbyg » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm using ht://Dig that seems to fit your description.
Take a look at http://www.sdsu.edu/~turtle/htdoc/

Its a nice small and simple package.

> I'm looking for a search program that will search and index everything on my
> site AND on all sites linked to mine.  As such, this is different from most
> queries of this type (many of which I read via Dejanews before posting this
> article), that are looking for engines that only search the local site.

> System is Linux 2.0.26, so any solution needs to run under Linux, though if
> such were available for Windows 95 I could run it on the Win95 workstation and
> make its output available.

> Please respond either here or via e-mail and I'll summarize any emailed

> Thanks ...

> Eric Poole

1. search engine software for our large site

Dear all,

I'm looking for a powerful search engine to index a large
multi-webserver site.

We are in the first phase of looking at:

Altavista search intranet XL
Fulcrum Knowledge network
Verity Topic Search
OpenText livelink search & livelink spider

I'd be grateful to hear about your personal experiences with any of
these products (and any other high end search engines).

I'd also be happy to swap notes with anyone treading the same path. :)

Thanks,

Stuart

2. trouble booting from SLS a1.3 on Dell notebook

3. How to allow search engines to index site protected with .htaccess?

4. cannot print from netscape

5. Search Engine for your intranet / web site?

6. ATAPI CD-ROM install problems

7. Trouble Getting Search Engines To Index My Site

8. the dreaded 255.255.255.255 REMOTE_ADDR

9. search engine software for our large site

10. external search engines not indexing our site

11. search engines and dynamic sites - urgh !

12. Multi-Site Search Engine?

13. Site search engine