Virtual Host defaults to first host

Post by Marie MacLeo » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I am running Apache 1.3 and attempting to set up 2 virtual host for 2
different dot com address using one IP address.

I have tried everything and can't get it to identify the correct virtual
host.. no matter which address I type in it always brings me to the first
virtual host...

Anyone having a httpd config file for apache 1.3 with this configuration,

As anyone knowing how to fix this problem please let me know... would help a
bunch..

Thank you all....

Cya soon...

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. Bash function query

3. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

4. dynamically or statically linked?

5. Appropriate HTTP Error Code for "No Default Host" in Name-Based Virtual Host Setup

6. setting: how to send mail behind firewall

7. Apache 2.0.x virtual host ALWAYS beings up the FIRST host in the list..

8. Multicast supported?

9. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

10. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

11. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

12. virtual host redirecting to real host

13. Moving Host/Virtual Host Question